Objectives of the Society for Forensic Accounting and Fraud Prevention
The aims and objectives of the society are:
- To promote the practice of forensic accounting and fraud prevention
- To set the professional standards, create a body of knowledge and certify practitioner involved in the practice of forensic accounting and fraud prevention
- To determine and regulate the Professional conduct of members of the society
- To advance the frontiers of knowledge through research , training and capacity building of professionals engaged in the practice of forensic accounting and fraud prevention
- To ensure that global best practices are employed in fraud prevention and the promotion of forensic accounting
- To apply forensic auditing techniques to prevent fraud
- To facilitate the prevention, detection, investigation and successful prosecution of economic crimes and in particular cases involving fraud
- To identify and help mitigate the potential for white collar crime within an organization.
- To minimize the propensity for fraud and theft to translate action into substantial savings of both time and resources.
- To identify the critical steps of an internal fraud investigation leading to a structured forensic audit as a proactive fraud prevention measure.
- To apply accounting skills to track and collect forensic evidence for investigation and the prosecution of criminal acts, and
- To work in a team environment , both within and outside the country to achieve set goals related to the building of the knowledge of Forensic auditing.